Thursday, May 10, 2012

Good day.

So I met with an amazing lady today. She has done over 1200 births. She said, "The Lord is my best friend." She also said to me, "There are many women who will tell you you are crazy. They will tell you it's stupid to go natural with your first birth. They will also repeat over and over again the words---'but you just never know what will happen!' but (she continued) I know that the spirit is 100% reliable. And I always get a feeling just before  a birth if something is going to go wrong.  Everytime I get that feeling, there is nothing I can do but listen to the spirit and get that woman to the hospital. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I listen."

That is a woman I trust. She was so confident, and she had so much faith. I feel like working with her will be more than just having a child-for me- it will be a time of spiritual growth, and I look forward to finding strength within me that I didn't know I had. I feel good about it. But she still told me to pray about it before I made my final decision. (even though I'm quite sure it's already made). :)

I believe with all my heart, that every woman knows what is best for her and her baby. I believe women in general are blessed to be able to be extra-sensitive to the spirit-- and that is why motherhood is so beautiful. For me, I feel a connection to this woman- (i know i may sound crazy) --and I trust her. More importantly, I trust my Heavenly Father, and no matter what happens I know He is in control of when people enter and leave this world. I trust Him. And I'm so excited to be on this journey! I'm nervous, and I'm nauseous, but I'm happy. (and hungry).

2 comments:

Maria Nielson said...

There wasn't anything more annoying to me during pregnancy then people's opinions and "advice", like they knew what was best for me! Oh yes, and how nosy people are. So I like that you said that only YOU know what's best for YOU. (And here's my "advice", ha ha). Just smile and say "thanks" ;) I can't wait!! I miss having a baby bump :P

Our Jarvis Jive said...

Congratulations! :) I am like freaking out right now to actually find someone who agrees that birth should be beautiful and natural...it's like a breath of fresh air, seriously. I am SO with you on this! We are planning a home birth for our next one, and I am thinking I just won't tell most people ha ha. :) I'm excited for you guys! :)