Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Big News....Like the biggest ever....

So guess what y'all?

I'm preggars! I'm a mommy. I have a baby on the way. The whole 9 yards, or should I say, 9 months. Only, now I'm down to only 7 ish months left. I have a mini Iverson currently being made right now inside me. For real folks- this is the realest deal you'll ever hear of. haha.

I've known for a few weeks now, and I'm only 8 weeks along, but I've been telling people because even if worse came to worse and I had to re-tell everyone bad news, the good news is just so exciting that I have to share it. And, I have faith that everything is going to work out.

I'm so mixed with feelings right now, it's exciting/scary/unbelievable/crazy/wonderful all at the same time. According to online due date calculators (since their SO reliable...:)) I am due in the middle of December, real close to my buddy Charlee's b-day actually. I don't care of it's a boy or a girl. Initially I wanted a girl, then thinking about a boy I'd love that too so I dont know I'll just be happy with whatever we get :) Of course Colten wants a boy-in fact he's already referring to it as Garrett. If it's a boy the name is already decided. Easy, done. Colten's middle name, then my dad's middle name/grandpas first name, put em together and you get:


Garrett Wayne Iverson

I've been told that's a real, good cowboy name. haha. not that we meant for that, but that's great. We like cowboys around here. Well, so what if it's a girl? I know it's silly that we're only 8 wks and got the names already pondered, but the girl option is: Lois Angell, but it's not for sure. 

Symptoms: I'm right in the nausea stage. It's AWESOME!!!!! ----not. 
At about 6 weeks I was all sorts of crampy but feeling dandy other than that. But now, everything sounds disgusting. But yet I'm hungry approximately  90% of the day, and the hungrier the more nauseated I am, and thus the less likely I want to eat anything. Then when I do eat, if I eat even one bite too much I'm sicker than I was when I started. So basically I just have to snack all day. Carbonation is a dream, - sprite and ginger ale are now my heroes. Soda crackers- I hate you now but somehow you do help. I'm sooooooo glad that I finished school right before the nausea came, cuz it's no bueno. I'm also extremely tired. I literally feel like I could lay in bed all day, but once I get to work it actually helps me feel better. I can smell everything. And things that I have known the flavor of my whole life suddenly they taste different. One thing that sounds consistently gross for some reason- ranch dressing. I have no idea why. I haven't weighed myself in the past few days cuz it's not that fun anymore, but I actually don't think I've really gained anything- but my tummy is already a pudge. I can no longer suck in and have it actually go in. And all my pants fit, but they're just uncomfortable. The only thing Im not a fan of is the nausea, everything else I don't care, but I'm happy to do whatever to bring this baby in the world-including be nauseated. 

Bringing baby into the world: speaking of HOW:
The plan as of now is to meet with a midwife. This midwife I've met once before, and she actually delivered one of my sister's last children and he is one healthy lil boy. I don't want to do an at-home birth cuz that seems for me too big of a risk on a first child. However, I want to have the baby at The Birth Sweet in St. George which is only a few blocks away from the women's hospital and it's a cute little house and that's where the midwife that I want works. If for some reason I ended up having the baby in the hospital I would not be devastated. However, the more I learn about natural birth the more it appeals to me- but more than that, it feels right for me. It's felt right for a long time now too, and so that's what we're gonna do. I have my first appointment with her on Thursday! Exciting.  

Life's good. and lot's of good things are ahead. :)

5 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my goodness! Yay yay yay yay yay!!! I'm seriously so very excited for you guys! You've got such wonderful times ahead! :) And don't feel weird about having a name so early; we picked out our baby names before we were even married. ;)

Maria Nielson said...

Yipee!!!! Oh man, so many things to say, so little space ;) You're going to love being a momma <3

rick.and.kels said...

congrats! :) i know what you mean about wanting to tell everyone, i was the same way! ha ha. its way exciting!! you and colten will make a beautiful baby!

Tia said...

That is SAH-WEET!! Being a mommy is the best! You guys will be the best parents! I'm excited for you guys! Congrats!

The Beardalls said...

Sam!!!! Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! You need to post a lot and keep me updated! The first part of pregnancy is rough! Hang in there! It's worth it in the end :) I'm so so so happy for you Sam!