Saturday, May 19, 2012

10 weeks tomorrow

So, this baby is apparently the size of a kumquat. I can't really tell how big or little that is, but i do know that my uterus is approximately the size of an orange (according to my midwife). the internet says my uterus is the size of a grapefruit. (is this weird for anyone? sorry...) :) Even though the size of an orange still doesn't seem very big, it feels big to me! Everything I own is just uncomfortable but I don't want to buy maternity stuff yet! I'm just slippin in skirts and lose pants but my goodness. It's not fun, but it is at the same time. After I eat my stomach just plops out too like I'm 5 months pregnant, but in the morning you can't even tell at all. It's weird.  At my appointment this week, the midwife took my blood pressure, and it was low, because it always is, and she said "blood pressure of a child." but it's ok, i am a relatively small person. everytime i get my blood pressure taken the nurse makes a comment, "whoa thats low" or "I wish i had that kind of blood pressure." So the midwife's was a new one, but I thought it was kindof funny. She then asked how tall I was, and what my shoe size was? hahaha those of you who know my shoe size know that that's definitely like a child's. I literally shop in the kids department. The day i went in for an appointment i was 9 weeks 3 days. She said the earliest she's ever heard a heartbeat was 9 weeks 6 days. But, we decided not to try yet because if you dont hear it it could be slightly depressing. but, we may go in a couple weeks to hear it. :)

I'm excited to almost be done with the first trimester. Im shootin for the nausea to go away in a couple weeks, but I know that's a long shot, it may stay for longer. I can handle the fatigue, and really every symptom is all worth it in the end. Theres an update for ya.

1 comment:

rick.and.kels said...

i know what you mean about eating and having your stomach poke out but when you havent eaten you cant even tell, its funny ha. also every chance i get i am in sweats, everything else is just uncomfy. so i feel you ha ha :)