Tuesday, September 23, 2008

school stress.

no one is commenting, but thats ok, ill just keep writing! haha. so today in communications, we played 'password' and all you had to do was say one word that related to the secret word, and your companion had to guess the secret word. so my word was Belguim, and we played 2 people vs 2 other people. so here is how the game went,

other couple first guy gives clue: waffles
guesser, gets it wrong.

my turn- first clue: Dutch
my guesser, gets it wrong!

other couple 2nd clue: uh, idk, waffles!
guesser, gets it wrong

my turn 2nd clue- tulips
my guesser! still doesn't know!

other couple 3rd clue: WAFFLES!
guesser: IDK still gets it wrong.

my turn 3rd clue: (i asked the teacher if we could tell a country that is close to it) so i said Holland
my guesser: still no clue gets it wrong.

NO ONE GOT IT, and everyone in the class was like- why'd you say tulips? Dutch? What?
So my question is, Am i retarded? or are these seriously college students that no nothing about countries in this world, and the fact that tulips are grown everywhere in places like Holland and Belguim, that Dutch is the language they speak, and yes we Americans might have what we call the Belguim Waffles but still- there are other facts than just that. it was awkward for me, because i had to try to explain myself and apparently i dont exactly look like the type of person that would know these things so everyone just looked at me like i was retarded.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hahaha! That's funny! I'll admit I had no idea tulips had anything to do with Belgium, but I totally would have gotten it from the "waffles" clue. No, Sammy, you're not retarded, just smarter than the average college student. :)
And thanks for the comment, by the way. I love them. And I'm afraid you might regret your offer. I'll probably be calling you a lot if you were serious. And the moving out thing...good idea. We could be roommates!

Unknown said...

Yes Sammy, there are a number of college students, especially at a community type college like Dixie who really don't know that much. They didn't listen in high school. Or Elementary, or primary even. Don't worry though. If you decide to get a degree you can expect to be surrounded by the smart people. It takes a year or two to weed out some of those who don't like to know much.

Toni de Tiger said...

You run into problems like that at college. But it really just depends on the class. I noticed that the harder the class, the more intelligent people get. So don't worry, cause once you get through your generals things should get better. Cause people have learned more and they seem to be more intelligent...lol :) I love you girl and just do your best in school! Also, you are extremely smart and beautiful and a lot of people can't stand up to your level! :)

Veronica said...

they probably only looked at you like you were retarded because they all felt retarded...haha