Saturday, December 4, 2010

Good Stuff

Here's our tree. It's pretty right? Guess how much we have spent on our tree?
Total Cost: $4.50
Family Dollar is who we gave our money to, and they supplied some red and gold sparkly ornaments. Then, my mama let us borrow a small set of ornaments cuz I helped her decorate her tree (and she has approximately too many ornaments in general). Also, because i tied the big ole' ribbon for her tree, she let me do one for ours. And my dad is the one who brought home the real tree for us. (pretty exciting) :) ME LOVE CHRISTMAS.


This is a pretty braided bread creation. I braided it, and even made it! Cool huh? My mother has also shown me this really good bread recipe which is Colten's new favorite bread, and i like it a Lot too. Maybe I will get the recipe up here one day--if y'all want me to, comment and I will, if not, i won't worry about it. But i will tell you this, it only takes a half a cup of honey and an optional tablespoon of sugar (aside from the Tbls used for the yeast) and the only other thing my mom changed about it is she puts some cream as a substitute for some of the water. (oh and it makes two big loaves) My cousin Matt was down for the past week (seriously Matt is a rad dude, aside from the fact that he has a kagillion sweet toys that many of the guys in our family like to play with....guns/explosivestuff/i didn't tell you though...he is always so willing to help my mom with everything and anything she needs, and she is very appreciative-they are buddies :) Anyway, and he kneaded the bread so good that the bread was nice and tall. Who knew he could make bread? And wear an apron too? Ha Ha, we had a good time.
Bottomline: I like the holidays. I like a nice pine tree in my living room. I like bread/making bread. I love family.
p.s. sorry my pictures are so junky. I'm not good with bringing a camera. Thanks Verizon for supplying me with one that follows me everywhere I go. Even if the pics are blurryish.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you little housewife you :)

Anonymous said...

I want the recipe and I think you should post cute pics of your cute little home. :)