Monday, December 27, 2010

Funny Hubby.


So on Christmas Eve, Colten and I took the fourwheeler out for a little spin. We rode out to Sand Hollow, and followed roads I'm 90% sure we weren't supposed to be on. But, Colten wanted to, and I did too. So we got to one of our special places out there, overlooking the lake, and we enjoyed each other's company, and we laughed, and then decided to head back. Previously on our ride we had discussed how it would be crazy if a ranger came out there and got mad at us. We expressed our slight worry of that possibility, and then we headed out. On our way back, Colten started driving really fast. Like really fast. Like this is the moment I just close my eyes and start praying/hoping that we dont crash. I yelled out to him, "Why are you driving so fast!" But, because of my lack of voice (i've had a bit of the larangitis this week sp?) and the loud rumble of the fourwheeler he didn't even hear me. So when he finally decided it would be okay to slow down so we could go through a gate, I said, "Why are you driving so fast!!!" (3 exclamation points that time if you noticed) He didn't answer me--he finished closing the gate and hopped back on the fourwheeler and then answered--right before he shot us into the 400 mph speed---"In my mind the ranger is chasing us!" ...........

the next little while of the drive I spent silently laughing because you couldn't hear me laugh from the rumble of the fourwheeler, but oh i was laughing. I believe its true that men never (ever) get over the little boy inside of them who likes to play cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, or what have you. When Colten is on that fourwheeler, or even when he's about to get on the fourwheeler, or even when he just got off the fourwheeler, his face never ceases to hold a smile and he gets all jumpy excited like it's the greatest thing in the whole world. I love it! It makes me happy to see him get all giddy. He loves that fourwheeler so much. I'm just always praying he doesn't hurt himself on it. He is a good driver though, and fourwheeling will always be a passion of ours. I do prefer, however, that he doesn't get any more ranger-chasing-us-ideas cuz i did get a bit worried.

p.s. that picture is actually colten on his trusty ole 400EX. In high school one of our buddies took the picture and I cartoonized it and we put it on his debit card-but no one ever believes its really him! so for the record- thats my hubby, and i'm pretty sure he's even wearing his wranglers :) i sure do love him!
p.s.s. we got good stuff for christmas. colten made one of my favorite old wooden chairs into a rocking chair, we got a new laptop, I got a kitchen aid, a printer, i got colten a sweeeeeet jacket, and colten got a bunch of tools for future house building (yay!) and i got a cute purse and a shirt and scarf, and we both got an awesome, beautiful big picture of the temple. I'm quite excited :) next up: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

sounds like you guys had a good christmas! :) isn't it funny how guys can light up so easily if a four wheeler is involved!!