Saturday, December 11, 2010

People.

My sister posted a video this morning about the heroes in her life. It inspired me share some thoughts i've already had this morning and it's only 9:37 AM. (that's kindof a big deal folks cuz normally i'd be snoozin still)

So, let's start with a little bad news. We've all had bad encounters with people right? Moments where you feel like you seriously don't want to leave the house because you're sick of being hurt. I could go on about this- because i know we've all been there, we've all been offended, and we all get frustrated.

BUT
The good news is: for every raunchy encounter--many of us would agree that we've had TONS of amazing encounters. Small, but nonetheless spectacular moments that touch our hearts and lead our minds back to one person. This has been the theme of my life-lesson learned this week. Among institute classes, moments of pondering, sunday testimonies, and i don't really know what else--- i've realized how wonderful it truly is to experience Christ's love through other people. I have been so blessed to know people who have manifested His love for me through their actions. Through their actions, their words, and their Christ-centered life, they have helped me to know my Savior. They help me to understand in little ways more and more how much Christ loves me. I have found that one of the best truths in this life (I believe) is: people have an intent to do good. Even the roughest of folks on the outside feel the brightness of infinite joy, in a tiny moment, when they find themselves serving someone else. Every one of my family members has shown me a way to love someone else. Love--is an action word. It's not complete just as a feeling. I hope, I sincerely hope, that in my actions, my words, my thoughts, and my life, I can somehow show Christ's love for every person I encounter. Yes, I have said things that weren't nice--I've done things that weren't the best---and I am positive I've hurt feelings many a time. but i dont want this to be a confession moment--it's a learning moment. This is what I've learned, and hopefully I can take it and apply it in my life to the people I know and love, and the people I don't know or don't love...
Matthew 5:44 "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Merry Christmas everybody. I'm thankful for a season that humbles me. A season that teaches me, and refocuses my thoughts and my heart.

No comments: