Friday, August 29, 2008

WOW. What a Lesson.

WEll, this month has been my lesson learning month officially.
-lost Mandy Johnson
-lost my Grandma Polve
-lost my dog, Mya
-Colten is in Ghana
-my closest girlfriends are all in Provo now.

So, today when i went to get in my bed and cry some more, it hit me. like a ton of bricks. i started listing all the things wrong with this month when all of a sudden i realized, i can list, and relist, and relist, forever. and i could forever give up my power to these trials. I watched a movie called Penelope, and you gotta watch it if you haven't. but at the end, a little boy sums up the moral of the story in a sentence "It's not the curse, it's the power you give the curse" so relating that to my life, i've learned this month that i can take the trial that comes to me in a day, and i can grieve, (spelled wrong?) and then, i can move on. or even better, because i have the gospel, i can take each trial and remind myself that my Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is doing. and that if all this will come in one month, He must know that I can handle it. and I can. I've never felt so strongly the renewed strength from my Father in Heaven as I do today. Another movie, (ya i work at a movie theater) Kung Fu Panda, really did have a good message too, that the secret of life is the power that you believe you have within. and i truly believe that each of us has a stronger power than we know. and then add on the power and strength that we get from our Father in Heaven, WOW. I'm so thankful for August, I'm thankful that my Heavenly Father believed in me enough to send me these trials, cuz i'm gonna take em, and i'm gonna learn from them, and humble myself. I'm thankful for the strength He has given me. so here i go, another day, maybe some more "trials" that really are "trails" leading us onto a higher way of life.

T- THE

R- RIGHT

I- INTERPRETATION

A- ALWAYS

L-LEADS TO LEARNING

S- SOMETHING SPECIAL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sammy, you are so strong. Good job. You're probably handling this all better than I am. Just keep having faith, and you'll pass this life with flying colors. I love you bunches, and I'm excited that some of your time has freed up because that means we can be best buds again! YAY!

Toni de Tiger said...

Hey Beautiful! I know life can kick you down, but it's when you get back up that makes you strong. You are an amazing girl and I know that everything will work out for you. Love ya girly and I'm always here if ya need a friend to talk to or hang out with. :)

Jen said...

Hey, you better come hang out with me soon, sissy pooh pooh pants.