Saturday, August 16, 2008

so much change.

there are so many things changing. i feel like my life is reaching the top of one set of stairs, and im just about to start a whole new set of huge, long, winding stairs, but i'm ready for the climb. I'm the type of person that just puts off preparing emotionally for these big changes, and so i think that the week of August 24th- August 30th is gonna hit me pretty hard. Colten leaves that thursday, i say goodbye to him that wednesday, and i start school that tuesday. I can't wait to start my life, but at the same time i kinda wanna take these last few steps slowly, before i start a bigger climb. I'm ready for what lies ahead, and i just have to remember to keep doing the simple things that really matter, like reading my scriptures (haven't been doin so good lately), praying (that is one thing i never forget to do) and just being active in the church i love. Things are hard right now, but i just have to keep reminding myself that it's all gonna be worth it in the end, and that the trials we face in this life are only really so small in the big scheme of things. I can do this, and I will.

2 comments:

The Beardalls said...

it will go by fast sam! I know everyone says that, but its crazy how fast it really does! There is a lot of changes lately, its exciting but a little nerve-racking cause we don't know what to expect. even when it feels like you're not going to live-I promise haha you really will. if you need anything just call! love you girl!

Claire said...

Sammy, you're amazing. Life is kind of starting to go by really fast. Michael's mission went by extremely fast, whereas Nic and Alex's seemed to crawl by. I think it's just because we're getting older and busier, so make sure you stay busy. And don't worry about it. My favorite quote is Life is no faster if you hurry, life is no better if you worry. I believe that whole-heartedly, so take it one day at a time, and like you said, stay close to the Lord. I can tell you have a really strong testimony, which I admire greatly. You're an incredible person, I'm starting to see that more and more. Remember what's important. Which means you can completely ignore this if you want. :)