Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blogworthy Thoughts of a Concerned Husband

a.k.a. Life Question #200

"Why is it, that candy companies keep producing Lime, Lemon, and Orange flavors (as he's eating skittles) when everyone knows Strawberry is the best! I could eat Strawberry skittles all day! But I can only eat the other flavors every once in a while"
So, those were pretty close to his exact words and ya know what? I felt it was a valid question. Why do companies make so much of those flavors when we all pick out the strawberry flavors anyway! Think about it, Skittles, Dots, Starbursts, Mike and Ikes, etc. They may produce new "Tropical" or otherwise "exciting" flavors but then why does the American public still reach for the same old thing? When it comes to Dots in fact, I literally will not eat any other color but the pink cuz it's just not worth it. Starbursts I'll admit are pretty good all around. Skittles, you don't really need the whole rainbow do ya? but then again i guess something your doin is working right for ya...Either way it's somethin to think about. I love having a funny husband, he will keep me laughing till we're both in wheelchairs and diapers...even though that image in and of itself is quite a bit to laugh about.
p.s. i'm so ridiculously ready for summer that I JUST googled Kolob Mountain pics. Yep.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I like all flavors. In fact, citrus are often my favorite. You guys are SO narrowminded.

Anonymous said...

I like that question. I'm going to ask Aaron what his thoughts are on that one too. ;)

Tia said...

I feel the same way. Strawberry is the best! But I do like the tropical starbursts. Pina colada is my fav. :)
sounds like you guys have too much time on your hands to think about this kind of stuff ha ha

and I'm so ready for summer to! :) I LOVE IT!

Tigger said...

My favorite flavors are most often orange and lime. Silly Sammy, the candy companies are thinking of all consumers when they produce a product.

Unknown said...

I could explain things like that to you sometime. That's the benefit of attending a professional business school. :)