Monday, November 1, 2010

Good ole Franky

pic from, www.telegraph.co.uk

Frank Sinatra, I just want you to know
you have a one in a million voice.
You make me smile.
You may be a little old-fashioned,
but that just makes you all the more worthwhile.
Not many young folks understand
but if I lived in your time I would've danced to your band
You bring a certain lightness and peace
wish you weren't deceased (sp?)
You should've taught the guys today how to sing
even though most the time I reach for the country swing,
you make pandora.com even more of a great thing
I know your buddy Bing, (Crosby)
he's accompanied me and my family on many a Christmas Eve
You all had so much talent-velvet vocal chords
not to mention the beauty in your words
Thank you old timer for singing to me
You had a hard time being kind outside of sung lines,
but at least you shared your talent and I find
that when I'm sick, when i'm happy, feelin in love, or maybe a little blue,
You bring music to the moment and I just wanted to say thank you.

-Samantha Iverson, no stealin this poem please... ( cuz i know you're all dying to... ) ;)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey, I have two of his cd's if you want to borrow them for velvet sounds in your ears. Lub u.