Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CooopAn Expereenthe....again

That title says Coupon Experience, if you couldn't read it. I was tryin to be funny. I know. BUT okay, here we go.
Walgreens:

I bought 5 boxes of Royal Jello,
and 2 can things of Comet cleaner.

Total, 2.09
Savings, 3.72
that was just straight In-store Ad coupons. Main goal: (for me) is to save more than I spend. So, this trip, although not perfect, was successful. (no picture for this cuz it's pretty easy to imagine.)

This is what I got at Smiths. First let me tell you what I got, then I'll tell you what I did wrong.

5 cans of pringles
1 package of activia yogurt
5 Swanson broth cans (2 varieties)
4 cans of cream of mushroom soup
4 cans of chili
4 bags of pasta
2 things of Welch's grape juice (where I went wrong)
2 boxes of Hot Chocolate
3 cans of pears
1 gallon of milk

Okay, so, the grape juice, even with a deal and a coupon was still pretty expensive. Looking back over my receipt, I am also not 100% sure that the cashier rang it all up right, but close enough for me to just go ahead and go with it. I also could've used a better pringles coupon (bad call on my part) and I would've had one less thing of Pringles, and I could've maybe gotten one more thing of somethin else. Not everything I got had a coupon, but the store has sweet deals. Sad part- because I'm still not hardcore I did this all on the last night of the sale. Therefore, one of the items I was going to get for free (which would've downed the price a lot and helped me get more items) was already way gone. So, thanks to my Sis-in-Law Kathie for her help in helping me get this all figured out, and sorry to her too cuz she didn't get her cough drops:( (the item i would've gotten for free) So ya wanna know how much this bunch was?

Total Savings: 30.16
Total Price: 23.23

But again, if you don't count the milk and the juice, I would've been about 5 dollars cheaper. But hey, I'm still learning. Colten is such a trooper- he came with me, and although it wasn't maybe his favorite thing at first, he was quite impressed with the deals we got. So I might be able to sucker him into going again:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're going to have to talk about this. I need some secrets sister.