Friday, October 1, 2010

Substitute Spider Killer

I found a new use for an unuseful item so now its very useful. :) ha. Basically, Here is what happened today. I was cleaning, and cleaning, and i came across a little spider. (i hate that part of cleaning, you always find what you don't want to-am i right?) well, the carpet we have is tan and shaggy---in other words, perfect for spider hiding. So, when i saw the lil twirp crawling along, i was trying to concentrate on it but then it stopped moving...no bueno...cuz then i lost it. I couldn't find it! so i pretended like i never saw it...(i have to for my sanity) (even tho it doesn't really work) BUT THEN!---the same spider (at least i'm pretty sure it was the same one...now that i think about it i certainly hope it was the same one...) surprised me on the floor of the bathroom. (evil laughing then occurred) I thought, "I gotcha now buddy you can't hide on tile!" sidenote--has anyone noticed some spiders are smart? most the time they are dumb and they stop moving and ya can just hit em, but occasionally you get demon-hiding-and-speedily-running-never-stopping-spiders that just run and ya really can't catch em. This was one of those spiders. (URGH) but then fantastically, when it got in a corner it couldn't crawl into (thankfully) it stopped. it blessedly, wonderfully, amazingly, stopped. AND it stopped right underneath the counter that holds a sacred spider killing tonic commonly called hairspray. so, i slowly opened the cupboard door, (spider still stopped in its idiotic tracks) and to my unfortunate surprise, there was NO HAIRSPRAY!!!! This is one of those swear word moments, but i don't swear so therefore i just said "agh" or something to that affect....

I stood there, towering above what was, to my dismay, about to be a very unvictorious moment. BUT THEN! I noticed inside the cupboard was sitting a white bottle of Biolage gel. (sp?) Up until this fragile second of life, I never knew why I had kept that bottle around...to tell ya the truth, the stuff sucks. Biolage gel does not hold a single thing in place. it's purpose was unknown to me and my husband. and then, a lightbulb of wonder went off in my head. and i slowly reached over, picked up the gel, opened the lid, and squirted that dang spider before he ever knew what hit him. He attempted to crawl, but he couldn't. (sucker) and THAT ladies and gentlemen is how i came up with the Substitute Spider Killer. The stuff I thought was useless, is now quite useful and actually makes it into my best friend category. It wasn't the easiest form of clean up, but thats only because i got a little excited and carried away when it actually came time to kill the spider. so, for future reference, if your in a jam, or in a corner with a running spider, grab the gel folks, grab the gel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Sammy,
you are a funny one. I would have just smashed the spider with tissue paper. ha ha.

Tia said...

haha Can I tell you that I've had the same experience only with a Centipede! But I didn't have gel, I only had Lysol and hand sanatizer. It got the job done :)

but I have to say that your story telling is awesome! :)