Saturday, October 9, 2010

Life Questions: And Ramblings

Life Question for y'all. I'm really hoping at least some one tells me they do this too, but if not it'll just confirm my nerdness.

Have you ever gotten so bored (at work/at school/at play/or home) that you sat on your computer, well, not actually sat on top of your computer i've never done that, but i mean sat at your computer, and after checking facebook, email, and/or blogs you're still bored so you close all the windows you had open on the screen and in the purest form of boredity you start making squares with the mouse? ya know the ones that make it so you can select a bunch of items on your desktop... and you just keep clicking and pulling, seeing all sorts of different sizes and shapes of squares. I cannot say that i've ever actually used this function to it's full intended purposes. I just play with it. It doesn't do anything but make squares. I bet it doesn't actually get used more than once a year for every 100 million people. But I hope i'm not alone in this one silly thing that i have done a time or two.

I just want some feedback. Has this happened to you to?

Last Question: There is a movie that recently came out titled "Legend of the Guardians." It's all about owls. I struggle with the desire to see this movie just for that simple fact, its all about OWLS. An animated movie all about lions, tigers, or bears (oh my) would have been much cooler in my opinion, even though it's been done many a time before (The Lion King, Simba you rocked my world as a child, and you still do). But, owls? really? 2 admittedly cool facts: they can turn their heads all the way around and they fly silently. Tigers however, now there's an animal. Flexible, Huge, Strong, Pretty, and Intense is really the last word to describe them. So now that i've rambled, here's the actual question, are owls in the category of intense too- or are they really not as cool as the movie portrays them to be? Bottomline: I suppose you could take just about any animal, make it hyper-masculine and put a crown on its head and call it a King. Then have that King have a son who has to prove his worthiness of the thrown by defeating an evil villain and in the process fall in love with a peasant animal (not pheasant, peasant, and by the way somehow that just brought a picture in my mind of a pheasant-owl, that was weird) and let the new king and new queen live happily ever after and you'll make some money in movie theaters- i guarantee it. Just tell me, owls? really?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First off, I was all excited for some big philosophical question. Second, I don't do the square thing, but I do come to that point of boredom. Finally, that preview got me excited for the movie, even amidst thoughts of "Owls? Really?" and "Wow, that was cheezy." But it got me excited none the less. So, maybe owls are the next big thing?

Tigger said...

once you start having kids, i am pretty sure you will NEVER reach that point of boredom again. i don't think i have ever had that kind of time on my hands...since kidlins have come along.