Tuesday, June 29, 2010

hey i have something cool to show you!

This folks is my first quilt! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! if you look closely you can see the stitching. yeah its taking me a long time cuz i'm stitching it all by hand. but, i'm only stitching one side of the stems, and the inside of the petals on the flowers, if that makes sense. i saw this fabric like 2 years ago ish in wal-mart and i fell in love with it. it's taken me an obviously long time to start this baby but i've got good reason to quicken the pace...if ya know what i'm sayin. i'm going to make pillow shams. I'm probably not going to quilt them- but we shall see. I also got some cute yellow fabric for the back of the pillow shams, and i'll probably make one pillow with it to go in front but we will also see about that. I can't wait to be done- but i've got a long time before that so i'm just stitching along... i thought i'd share with you my crafty side. :) cuz i do have one. i didn't know i did. but i do. :)

1 comment:

Maria Nielson said...

Hehe, cute! I have yet to make a quilt...