Friday, June 11, 2010

Good News :) and a smidge bad...

we'll start with the bad...still don't know which chicken is eatin the eggs...and truly it is awkward that they would even do that in the first place.

Good News:

#1- Colten only has like 5 weeks and a few days. I'm speechless. Happy, like really happy, like really really happy, yet speechless. y'all will hear more about that as time goes on fo sho.

#2- How is P90X going? we'll i've been trying to 'bring it' as Mr tony tells me everytime i turn it on, (which is it a bad sign that i had a creepy dream about him? he's supposed to be like a good idol figure to help me want to be more fit then i had this dream...made me see a whole new side to him haha but i still keep going) anyway, I don't know if i really look different, which i'm fine with, cuz i feel like i could punch through a couple walls, that was a weird visual...haha, but i can now do pushups, guy ones, maybe that's lame compared to some hardcore people who might read this blog, but really this is a big deal for me cuz i have a large lower half i gotta lift up and down everytime i do a 'guy' pushup. i just feel a lot more muscley, (sp?) and so the bottomline is that i decided p90x and i have a love/hate relationship. i don't wanna turn it on, but i hate it when i don't do it, and i love it afterward. I recommend p90x, it is a good system. it's fun, it's a variety of workouts, and it does bring results. (I hate the yoga video though i really wish they'd redo that)

#3 Life's good. I'm way behind on my Book of Mormon reading, but I have been reading other good books. I would recommend: The 5 Love Languages. I loved this book because ya just never think of some things, and how you can love people according to their love language. I can't remember the authors name right this second, and i'm not gonna run upstairs to check, but its a good book. Other Recommendation: Finding Peace, Happiness, and Joy by Elder Richard G. Scott. I have about 3 more pages, so i mean i can't give ya a complete opinion...jk it's a good book and i'm positive the last lil bit will be worth reading. I must say this book found me, and I needed it. I will be looking back to this book throughout my life i can already tell. I marked that sucker up and down cuz it was just so good. It is full of principles, and reminders of God's love, which once you understand that, what else can bring true peace and happiness? Of course there are a lot of things, but the foundation is based in His love, for through His love and kindness He sent His Son who showed ultimate love, the kind of love the world had never seen before and the kind of love that will last forever, and is for every person ever...and ever.

I hope all of y'all have a fantastic 5 1/2 weeks cuz I sure will...I'll probably only be a smidge excited here and there about something comin up....i'm lying i hope you know...i'm gonna be extatic! and ridiculously unsettled with anticipation! lucky me. haha. its alllll worth it:)

2 comments:

Maria Nielson said...

I LOVE the 5 Love Languages! It really really helped Shay and I when we were dating (I made him read it). We need to read it again! Have Colton read it ;) I bet it's saved marriages! I'm excited for you to have him home! I could only imagine!! :D Man, I need to work out....

Jen said...

Gary Chapman is the author. You must come to our book group at the end of this month about that book.