Monday, July 9, 2012

Feeling...better...

Well, I pretty much have to shove my face with food continually. Co-workers have even commented that I eat a lot more now (don't worry, I work with lots of teenage boys I wasn't offended I laughed pretty hard actually). Even my hubby is like, what? we just ate! haha. Haven't gained weight yet... gonna ask my midwife about that on wednesday. My stomach is getting bigger though, a lot bigger. people ARE noticing.... family members have mentioned I am now showing, which is fine because they know i'm pregnant. It's only awkward when people who I'm not sure know look me up and down like, "is she just getting fat? or is she pregnant?" haha. It's all good though. I am officially 17 weeks along now. I could find out what I'm having any day. BUT, I'm gonna wait a few more weeks. I want that ultra-sound tech to be 100 percent absolutely as positive as positive can be on what gender baby is. I realize that most of the time they get it right these days. But my midwife just delivered a baby a few weeks ago that was supposed to be a boy...and it was a girl. That would be fine with me if this were my second because I would already have a good selection of baby clothes and such. But because this is my first, whatever gender baby is will cause me to be swarmed with either pink or blue and thus if he comes out as a she or vice versa, sammy will be still incredibly happy but a smidge...idk can you really be angry about it? guess not, but maybe a bit annoyed...

If I'm having a girl, I want to try to pass on that I want to do her room in oranges and yellows (and maybe some blue) instead of pink. Pink is fine and dandy, but it's never been my top favorite color of choice. But, if I still get swarmed with pink and purple I'm quite sure she will look absolutely adorable and I won't care.  If it's a boy, I'm gonna shoot for dark blue, his room will be tan and dark blue, and the deer antlers will stay in their place :) haha.

On more serious notes:

I'm pregnant. When did I grow up? Anyone feel this? I'm gonna be a mom! What a blessing, but also how intimidating! I'm so excited, but a little overwhelmed and I'm not even quite halfway, I almost am, but wow. It's mind blowing. I think we're ready, but then sometimes I think I'm so not ready for this! Even though I am so so sure this is the right time, there are moments I just think, "how will everything work out!?" I know it will though. I've just never done this before! I don't know what to expect! I do know that the Fall/Winter season is looking more appealing than ever. I do know that I'm glad more of an appetite is back inside of me. I do know Colten is gonna be a great dad, and that the Lord is watching over us helping us every step of the way. 

4 comments:

Liz said...

Sammy! I love how real your blog is. I love reading it. Keep the good words coming. :)

Tia said...

:) I know what you mean about the grown-up part. And I also wondered if I was ready and if I could do it. But I've found that I am a mom and I do it because I would NEVER EVER let my baby suffer or want for anything. I just love him too much. It's hard, but you do it because there is no alternative. You'll be great at it!

Maria Nielson said...

I still think it's weird that I'm a mom! And that Em's 19 months old! It just feels to natural though, but still, when did I get so old?? Ha ha. Pff, who said you have to do pink? Do whatever in the heck you want! :P I'm super excited for you!!!

The Hunters said...

When did we all grow up? Some days I feel like it's hardly been any time since high school but yet I'm married and have two kids... :) I'm sure you'll be an excellent mom. It's weird but as soon as you see them and start taking care of them you just kind of know what to do. It's like some mother instinct that kicks in ;)