Friday, March 2, 2012

Whew. And another great story.

February has been crazy. work, school,/preschool, and, well, life! It's been so much easier with a planner though. Holy cow what was I thinking ever living life without some sort of a planner. Its helped so much to keep me straight with what homework assignments due when, and where I'm supposed to be and why. I used to use one in high school, and after that I figured my life wasn't as crazy (which it really wasn't too bad) but this semester and last semester have been whacko. Last semester was the whole 2 jobs thing, and there's just always a lot going on.

My YW Pres. said to me a couple weeks ago, "you and your husband are just everywhere! I see you at church, I see you Tues nights, I see your husband on the tractor on the field in front of my house,I see you at the theater, and now I'm seeing you both here!" (this was at the Lincoln Day breakfast at which we listened to Orrin Hatch, who I'm a fan of. we listened to a lot of Republicans, and it was all real good but to be honest I was so tired I can't remember all of it...I really really like Senator Mike Lee but he couldn't be there but the guy who represented him still gave a great speech)...ANYWAY, i could list my schedule but why would I want to go over it again, just know that its busy.

But, it will start slowing down soon...like this coming week. I purposely squashed my preschool lab hours all into February so I could be done soon and so I won't have to go back after next week. It's exciting but oh so sad I love those little kids. I dont think I ever wanna be a preschool teacher, but this class helped me learn so much for when I'll be a mom one day...and simply just for church callings in the primary I feel like I could totally guide kids a lot better than I used to before. (hence the name of the class, Child Guidance) And I still have a half a semester to learn more about kids. I love it! I'm not sayin I'm a genius at this stuff I just feel like I graduated the Kindergarten of Child Guidance.

Then, after this semester....I think I'm gonna be done with school. At least for a while... I'll have my Associates, and over the summer and fall I'm gonna finish MT and yeah. Its gonna be good I think. Part of me wants to go on full time with school and just rock the education world and yadda yadda yadda...(this is long time comin to cuz i realized the other day I think my lil' sister and brother and I played more "office" than we did "house" so maybe I was just a career driven little girl?) But there's a bigger part of me that yearns (that's right, yearns) to be at home. Just being a wife, daughter, sister, YW leader, Visiting Teacher, friend, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and aunt is a lot to focus on, and lots to be proud of. Not to mention one day adding to the list "mother." (not yet, trust me y'all will know when that day will come...) However, rather than delving more into that subject on a serious note, (even though its a great subject) I have a funny story... as usual:)

Were sitting at Ma and Pa Iverson's a couple weeks ago. We're all sitting around having various conversations about this and that, most likely business/money cuz let's face it the us Iversons got that part down. (I've learned so much about business since being a part of this family it's a great thing) Anyway, so we're chillin, and the conversation is kindof slowing down and I notice a friend of the family who we all love-but who can be random at times- gets up and walks over to me and puts his hand on my belly and says "How far along?" *silence* me: "Um, I'm not actually pregnant" that was exactly what I said, which thinking about it now kindof makes it seem like I was being nice...as if i could have added "...despite the current state of my body that would make you believe that I was" even though that's not true at all because I weigh less than I did in highschool (not a lot less, but less haha) Anyway, we all just busted a gut laughing, what else could you do? it was SO awkward, but SO funny at the same time and frankly I love that it happened because it's a great story! I wasn't offended in the least because again, I don't think I look pregnant. He is a great kid too, and if it had been anyone else it would've maybe come out with a different ending, but coming from him it brought us all laughs. Good times at the Iverson Home on Sunday evenings! Great stories are bound to happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved it. I remember playing office. That thought never crossed my mind though; I don't know we didn't play house. It's also amusing that we were playing it until we were teenagers...