Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm Engaged!

It is official :) i will post a pic of the ring as soon as i get the actual one. it's beautiful! and unique! and perfect! more important than the ring is the promise i have now made to Colten Iverson. He is my best friend and i cannot wait to start our life together. I love him and have loved him for a long time. It's only been a week and 2 days since he's been home but I definitely know he's the one. So, here's the story!

He told me that (yesterday) he was supposed to meet some guy up on Kolob to discuss somethin or other about some cows and some fenceline or somethin. I didn't really know exactly what he meant but he said he needed someone to go with him so I (of course) said I'd go. We head up the mountain like normal, he was dressed like he normally would be to go to Kolob, and I didn't really suspect anything. We stopped at his cabin, and then we switched to his fourwheeler and he starts driving super fast. (He said it was in part because of a storm coming in, but it was also cuz he was just so stinkin nervous!:) So we get to the top of the mountain basically and just picture this for a second before i go on, it's overcast and rainy (which i love) and Kolob is SO green right now, and we have this amazing view in front of us that makes you feel like you can see the whole world, and it is literally one of the prettiest places I've ever been to on Kolob. Once we get there, we park the fourwheeler (because we couldn't go any further) and he's like well let's start walking, and at this point i pretty much knew something was up cuz it finally dawned on me that DUH nobody would meet anyone here to talk about no stinkin cattle! so he takes me to the breathtaking view...and starts pointing out "significant places" such as, Sand Hollow, Kolob Reservoir, and so on, and then he goes, so "What could make this place significant?" and then I was like OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY (in my head) and then he grabs the back pack that had our sweaters in it and says "let's put our sweaters on" (lol) which was somewhat reasonable at the time cuz it was getting kindof chilly, but then he pulls out the sweaters and goes "Oh what's that?" in the bottom of the backpack was a little white box...so he pulls it out, opens it up, and at that point i'm not exactly even sure what he said because I just kept saying "Colten, Oh my gosh! Gosh! OH my gosh! Colten!" but i'm pretty sure he asked me to marry him because he was down on one knee, and the box was open and displaying the most beautiful ring ever! and I shook my head yes and don't really know what i said (it was all basically saying yes) and he goes "wait, so was there a yes there cuz i don't think i heard it" which just made me laugh. He later said he didn't hear cuz his head was just going crazy at that point. hahaha. so then (he's so sweet) he pulls out his scriptures and reads some key marriage scriptures and had me read some which was quite awesome i must say, and then he pulls out some FastBreaks (my favorite candy bar) and an iPod and we listened to "Lane's theme" which is both of our all time favorite piano piece...and thats when the tears came a lil for both of us but I was just in shock and also thinking, Finally! So, then we headed back down the trail while it was pouring rain and as we both got soaked I couldn't help but leave the smile that was on my face the whole time. As cute as that detail is, it wasn't cute when mud splashed on my face cuz then i tasted it.dangit. but i was still smiling. :) it was beautiful, amazing, peaceful, and the memory of a lifetime.

SO, save the date folks! we are officially getting married September 17th. I gotta get goin on invites and the whole shabang. I am just excited to finally be getting married! But more than that, I am just excited to finally be getting married to my best friend of all time, my one and only, the one who I'll always love, and trust. I feel good. I feel great. I feel wonderful :) LIFE'S GOOD :) Oh, and i'll post pics if i get em from his camera...but the story is pretty good for now:)

9 comments:

rick.and.kels said...

congrats sam :) you and colten are seriously the cutest couple.

Anonymous said...

HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET PEARLS!!! I honestly have loved watching you and spazzy, aka colten, become what you are today. He has been crazy about you forever and I always loved hearing him talk about you cause I always used to think, 'this is how a guy should like a girl, these are the reasons why a guy should go for a girl.' Such a rare find for a guy in high school. I seriously think you are two of the most sincerely GOOD people people I know. This is long, but I just think you're both neat. Oh, and I haven't gotten to see my little buddy since he's been home, could you tell him I say hey or let me know how I can get a hold of him? Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sammy!! It's the most amazing feeling when you know you're the luckiest girl :) I wish you and Colten many many blessings :) Congrats!

Toni de Tiger said...

Sammy my love! I'm so happy for you! You have always been such an amazing friend to me and I have loved listening to you talk about Colten! You two really are one of those "Perfect Couples." I hope one day I can find someone as great as you have! I love you dearly! Congrats pretty girl!

Shella said...

Sammy! I'm so excited for you! Isn't it the best feeling EVER to have done your two years and finally be getting to the wedding part?! I'm glad to know that you're not waiting around, too. It drives me NUTS when people wait months and months after the missionary gets home to start working on the wedding. I had to wait 3 weeks after Zach got home to get engaged, and I was going crazy by then. :) haha It was about 2 months from arriving at the airport to going to the sealing room, so we're pretty much the same there. Anyway, I'm excited. :) Congrats!!!

Jen said...

Congratulations Nerdbomber queen of the world. I love your weasely beautiful happy little guts.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! :) Sammy I am sooo happy for you. I still remember the theatre days when you would read me his emails to you and you were just so ready for him to come home!!! You are so amaazing!!

Tia said...

:) I'm so happy for you! I agree with everyone that says you two are perfect for eachother! You are going to be so amazingly beautiful at your wedding! Congrats a hundred times over, and let me know if I can do anything to help.
Love you both bunches and bunches!

Trev and Adri said...

SAMMY!!! I am so happy for you!! SO CUTE!! You two are pretty amazing!