Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine

He is my Valentine:) enough said. Not gonna get mushy on ya. I just love him:)

here are some cute quotes tho, maybe i will get a smidge mushy:

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her"-Anonymous ( and not really applicable to me, but it is tender)

"The reason it hurts so much to be seperate is because our souls are connected" -Nicholas Sparks

There were a lot more quotes, but i had a teacher in 8th grade who described true love in a way i've never forgotten, he said that true love is when you can be halfway across the world from that special someone, and be okay because you know that no matter what, no matter the space or time, you still love each other, you still trust each other, and your content. I agree, but i think your bound to hurt at some point during any sort of seperation from the one you love. As humans its natural for us to want to be selfish, want to be with that special person all the time, and im in no way saying there is anything wrong with that, life is meant to be shared with the one you love--forever is meant to be shared with the one you love. However, I do think there is something special about that kind of love I mentioned, the kind where its okay to be apart, because you found him/her! You found em, your hearts connected, and what a beautiful thing it is to be sealed in the temple for eternity (well i obviously wouldnt know the exact feeling of that beautiful gift but i can imagine) because this life is short, and you have forever. I think choosing someone to marry, the forever way is the exact definition of true love. If you can say, yep i ALWAYS want to be with you, then thats it! when ya know, ya know. There ya go. There's my valentine's day shpill.

"Can miles truly seperate you from friends?....If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?" Richard Bach

3 comments:

Jen said...

So if that doesn't apply to you, are you saying Colton only loves you because you are beautiful? Why do I always feel compelled to tease you on your blog? I don't know. But this is a very nice post.

Michelle Anne said...

LOVE IT!!

The Beardalls said...

Sam! colten comes home this summer doesn't he?! awwwwe, you guys are the perfect couple. I still need to send you all these pictures from middle school I have of the two of you, some of them have charlee too- haha but thats a given. just think, next valentines you could be MARRIED. :)