Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life in Provo, UT

Work: I work at The Chocolate. This is a picture of the Lemon Curd cupcakes that The Chocolate sells. The Chocolate is not a good place to work when you are trying to be healthy. I shoulda figured that out when I filled out the application to, THE CHOCOLATE. Really, the desserts are amazing and hard to turn down. If your ever in Orem, stop at The Chocolate, 212 south state st. a dessert cafe in which you can forget the world for a few moments, and enjoy a lil suga. Good thing i'm obsessed with yoga all of a sudden (p.s. don't think i'm like gettin all in intense shape, i'm only doin it 2 times a week, but i do love it so im tryin to figure out where i can do some more) it is just good to know im at least doing something to combat the smidge of extra sugar intake.



Classes: going swell. As swell as college classes get.



Church: Just got called a few weeks ago to be Gospel Doctrine teacher, I say that because my cousin michelle put on her blog that being a gospel doctrine teacher is one of her worst fears. Don't worry, I'll take on the job for ya! Its only a smidge intimidating walking into a room full of returned missionaries...(sarcasm, please tell me you got the sarcasm) but i am confident the Lord will help me get through every lesson as I do my part to study the lessons and teach em the best way i know how. Correction: as long as I do my part to study, so that I can be the instrument through which the spirit can teach those folks attending my class.

Missing: home. but, I do know I'm not alone. I got family everywhere I turn up here and its great:) I miss Turbo, the dog. The cute, smart, destructive, but oh-so-loving dog. A couple days ago I was talkin to my mom on the phone and I said, "is turbo by you?" and she said, "yes he is right here" so i told her to put the phone by him and she did and i said "Hi turbo! I miss you, I love you! (among other silly things people say to their dogs) and guess what turbo did? He started licking the phone.... tell me that doesn't almost bring a tear to your eye. He misses me too. I guess I'm just a sucker for dogs, thanks for that mom.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It's a good thing I know how clean mom keeps the house or I would never use the phone there again.

Anonymous said...

Sammy...what yoga do you do? Is it like a dvd or what?

Michelle Anne said...

Dear Sammy,
Thank you for taking the Gospel Doctrine calling from me! You are a lifesaver, haha!
Love, Michelle

Tigger said...

Yeah, I have to agree with Jenny. Thank goodness I know how clean mom keeps her house. I imagine she sanitized the phone right after your conversation was over. Turbo is such a cutie! That is so cute that he licked the phone while he was listening to you. Ohhh . . . long distance doggy kisses for Sam, special! ;)

Tigger said...

by the way, that Lemon Curd Cupcake looks delicious! Are you going to be a pastry chef when you come back home?!?