Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sense and Senstability

So I just watched the TV version of Sense and Sensibility all 3 hours ish from BBC dvd whatnot. i liked it a lot! I was gonna put a pic up- but Maryann's dress was a little too low cut for sammy grace's place. so i decided against it. I quite enjoyed the show though- I thought Colonel Brandon was strangely attractive, and was so glad he got the girl in the end. and I was so happy Edward F. was smart and ended up with the right chicka too in the end. Jane Austen, you got skill girl! Your stories are sure long and slow, but yet I sure cannot get enough of them! they are saweeeet. so shout out to you Jane. I'm gonna probably name one of my girls with the middle name of jane, and maybe i'll pretend its after jane austen just cuz she is an amazing writer.

Stability- I'm settling into my new area. I got a job. Random i know- i wasn't going to but I was planning on singing in General Conference and that didn't work out but since i ended up getting a job it all works out. The Lord just kinda makes things work- even if they are not what we expect or want. It usually turns out better than we could have ever hoped for. Jesse is making me pray in the morning. Okay, let's be honest, the morning ritual actually goes more like this--- Jesse comes in---Sammy is sleeping----Jesse says ok let's pray!----Sammy grunts 'mmmkkk'-----she stays exactly where she is, eyes already closed----and Jesse prays, then says k See ya!----I grunt Amen. But we are for real studying the scriptures a ton more and I must say they are quite the treasure. I find myself loving it more and more. I always have loved the scriptures but sometimes studying just becomes---well, blehhhh--- but Elder L. Tom Perry said in a devotional he gave to Orem's Institute last Friday, that when we get like that, thats exactly when we need to immerse ourselves in the scripture. And I must admit- its a great and grand thing. I feel very blessed to be part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Thank goodness for the gospel- I've made so many mistakes this past year ish- I've had so many weak, weak moments. But the Lord helps me- through the Atonement we can become stronger in every aspect of life. It heals broken hearts, along with cleaning our slates. In the process our spiritual muscles get bigger and bigger:) Moving has helped me clear my head...and thats exactly what I need. Just some time to clear my head. I've got quite the year ahead of me....

5 comments:

Jen said...

Me no like the new font.

Haha, Jesse's new name is the Prayer Nazi.

Anonymous said...

sammy your my hero

Tigger said...

Good luck this year Sam! You are going grow a lot through experiences and you will have to make lots of important choices...you are just at that magical age. :) Single young adult with the world at your door. Again I say; Good Luck and of course, always be prayerful!

Unknown said...

First: I DO NOT make Sammy pray. She said she needed to work on praying in the morning; therefore, it is more of an invitation than anything.

Second: We don't read the scriptures together that much. However, you do have all that time at home where I'm not there. I knew you were a closet reader.

Third: There's not much more that I can say.

Toni de Tiger said...

What's your job? And I've also been trying to work on praying in the morning and reading my scriptures more. Thanks for being such a great example! Love you girly!