Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How is Colten?

Jesse commented that the rest of you would like to know. Well, he got sick over the weekend (wont go into detail) they run out of toilet paper often (wont go into detail) the power in their apartment (as well as in most of Ghana) has not been working, he hasn't gotten our packages yet, they are still at the mission home, he still hasn't gotten any of my regular letters i've sent either, and yet he is still working hard. I've probably missed some other things going on but it's ok i think you get the picture. He is having a hard time but i will post what he said at the end of the last email he wrote to me,and this tells me that he is tough and he will keep going:



"yesterday after church before we went out for the night, i was just in tears, i was having a rough time. i said a prayer and just asked him to help me out give me strength and help me be positive and concentrate on the work. the rest the night i was happy and pretty foucused on the work. i know that was totally the lords hand that got me thru the night. how grateful i am to know that wonderful power of prayer and that the lord truly is there to help me i just have to ask for it. we are so blessed to have this gospel and to have the power and strength that comes from it. its experiences like this that testify even more of its truthfulness to me. i love my savior so much. hope the week goes well for you. i'll talk to ya next week."


here are the pics he sent too...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sammy!
Your comment didn't make all that much sense to me. hehe. I love this post. =) He loves you so much...it's so good to see. You deserve the very best!

Tia said...

WOW! This is one of the reaasons I love missionaries SOOOOO MUCH!!!
you can just hear their love of the Savior and Heavenly Father, and their letters just ring of their love of the gospel and their testimony of it.
It makes me want to try and be a better example to those around me. Missionaries are my inspiriation!

rick.and.kels said...

oh my heck sammy. that was the cutest email ever! you and colten are so dang cute together. im jealous of what you two have ha. :)

Jen said...

Sammy, you better not publish any more mushiness or there will be serious repercussions. Tell Colten I cried halfway through sacrament meeting every Sunday for almost the first six months of my mission because of all the dang people who would tell us they would come and wouldn't come. He's gonna ROCK Africa. I should have told him to read The Poisonwood Bible before he left. Dangit. You should read it. After you read this comment that is becoming a novel...

Toni de Tiger said...

Sammy I heart you! I like mushiness! It makes my heart smile. And I love how strong and wonderful is even though it's being so difficult for him.