Thursday, March 28, 2013

latest song writing

I wrote a song in my head as I was getting dressed this morning. It, like the poem a few posts ago, was inspired by my daughter whom I love and adore---and who has changed my life in more ways than one. As you read the lyrics, since I can't sing you the tune on here, I want you to make up your own tune, in the saddest country twang ya can think up. mmk? mmmk.

Oh and then afterward, you need to go to youtube and listen to "One's On the Way" by Loretta Lynn.

I'm probly gonna git spit-up on, today
I'm probly gonna git spit-up on, today

Better wear a lose, old shirt
Instead of poop maybe people will think its dirt

I'll still probly git spit up on, today
I'm probly gonna git spit up on, today

Lets try em' on, Oh those jeans still don't fit,
And that makes me feel like.......crap

And I'll probly git spit up on, today
Yep, I'll probly git spit up on, today

Maybe I could wear two shirts, instead of one
Take off the first one when its done

After I get spit up on today,
Cuz I'm sure I'll git spit up on, today

I love my job, Yes, I love my job
It's called bein' a mom

It requires no references
and no previous work experience

It pays in giggles, diapers, and love
And some say it's heaven's work from above
 
It just requires, a lot of laundry done
Because You're probably gonna git
Spit Up, On. 


No comments: