Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Names...and bestest buddies.

So, our boy name is still set in stone. Garrett Wayne will be a part of our family, but now it won't be for a long time. Our girl name that we liked, Lois Angell, is now outta the picture. I don't know why! But it's just not the right name for her. I still like the name, but that's just not our daughter's name. For some reason, the name Harmony popped into my mind after we found out it was a girl. I'd never seriously considered that one before. We still haven't 100 % decided on it, but once Colten heard that name, he said Lois is no longer an option haha. He's even referred to baby as Harmony a couple times... :) I can't quite decide on a middle name, or even if Harmony is the perfect name. But so far, it's top of the list.

My mom and I just so happened to end up in the baby section the other day... haha. And we ended up picking out some lil Sunday dresses and a couple outfits. So fun, and so cute. So glad I get to shop for a girl!!!! My two sis-in-laws are also pregnant with girls which pretty much makes everything that much funner.  (funner is totally a word in my dictionary). I also started a baby blanket for her, it's blue and yellow. Not pink. :)  haha I like pink, but we already had this discussion.



 It's so cute. I also got fabric to line her bassinet with, and its a cute hippie flowery print. I guess I'm not as into the baby fabrics as most people, so she's gonna be rockin' some different stuff. haha...i say that but yet the truth is all the outfits we got are in the pink/black/white range...haha. But I couldn't resist the gray and white cheetah print dress with a little pink sweater...cutest thing ever. But I'm still gonna try to throw in some different colors. At least for her room...

Girls are fun I already decided. I'm gonna be able to do her hair! Paint her nails! Sing to her and with her! Buy her dollies and flowers for her hair! I'm so excited. I would be just as excited for a boy, but it just seems a perfect fit to have this baby girl come to our family first. Besides, Colten already has his bestest buddy in the boy department:

Sorry if this image disturbs you ;) haha









Aren't my boys so cute? They are bestest friends forever and ever. I love these two. Colten asked me last night, "How come dogs don't live as long as humans?" That's man code for, "I just love kojo and I want to have him forever and ever and he can never die" I wish dogs lived as long as humans too hun. I really do.

2 comments:

ben and tiffany last said...

http://www.aplacetolovedogs.com/2010/06/why-do-dogs-leave-earth-first-a-child-answers/1486596831/


Here is the answer to Colton's question. I cried so beware ;)

Jen said...

I sometimes think girls don't need middle names because then they can keep their maiden name as a middle name when they get married. Sometimes I wished I didn't have to decide between my middle name and maiden name when I changed it when I got married. I wanted to keep both, but that was too long!