Monday, August 20, 2012

sucks like a champ.

My title drew you in didn't it?

This phrase won the chance to be the title of this post because I spoke this exact phrase on Sunday afternoon, and I stopped myself finding the irony...or oxymoronyness to the phrase quite hilarious. I was speaking about our vacuum. Colten, (being the manly man and cleanly man that he is) decided to take the filter on our vacuum outside and use the air compressor to blow out all of the yucky stuff that clogs it up. And thus, when he came inside to use the vacuum, I asked him if it "sucked like a champ." And, it did, and it does. Thank you dear hubby for your brilliance and your interest in keeping our house clean and the items used to clean it clean too. (what a sentence...)

Today I made dinner. For approximately 22 out of the 23 weeks that I have been pregnant, I haven't really made dinner. Don't worry, other people feed us. And somehow we have made it this far and I have also managed to gain some weight. Nausea said goodbye, but then came back sneakily in the form of Acid Reflux. So, again, food and I battle. But yet, I still made dinner today and Colten and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also have a little more of a desire to cook in general, which I have not felt for pretty much all of the year 2012. (school, work, pregnancy).

The scale today read a number I haven't seen since my sophomore year of high school. Weird moment. Bittersweet.

I finished her baby blanket yesterday. :) woot woot.

That's all for the randomness.....well maybe one more thing.... is it weird that I'm actually a little jealous that I'm not going to school this semester and Colten is? Ya....that's weird. I should stop right there. ......

I just miss walking into class, sitting down, and just soaking in all the information I possibly can. I love to learn. What can I say? I do know I'm not done with school. I know I'm out of it for a lil bit, but I'm not done. I can't be. There's too much more to learn, and I can't just not learn it. yep, ifs official, I'm a nerd. :)

1 comment:

haili hunter said...

ha ha. No worries. I was a bit jealous that Aaron started school this semester and I didnt. So you're not the only one. ;)