Sunday, November 16, 2008

my 'singing' experience

So since i was supposed to sing, and i didn't really have a voice, i couldn't leave the YW president (who is an awesome lady) with a blank spot in the program. (ps i tried the salt water - like 15 times, so nasty and it helped but still didn't work :() I tried more honey and lemon hot water stuff and that helped only slightly too. so, instead of singing i shared a poem that i wrote a while ago that's called This Light. and it went well - except for the fact that i cried through the whole thing. So the moral of the story is i think the Lord wanted me to read that instead of sing because the poem helped me if nothing else. It's weird, when you write in your journal or you compile your thoughts and feelings into a bunch of words that rhyme, sometimes you read it later and thing "dang, i wrote that? that was for sure inspiration for the future..." at least thats how it is for me. That's why i love writing though, because sometimes, somehow you get to express how you feel and sometimes it needs to be said. the best forms of communication though i think are singing, nonverbals, and things like hugs- that dont need words at all. but like i said i think tonight the Lord wanted me to say it rather than sing it. Do you guys journal write? Do you ever look back and find little sparks of genius from yourself haha that you forgot existed? Or which do you think is better- artly forms of communication haha or just stating the facts and how you feel? tell me these things so that i may learn wisdom...:)

3 comments:

The Stirling Clan said...

k- Sammy I have no idea how to add anyone to my blog...........can you help!!!! By the way, I know this has nothing to do with your singing experience (Sorry), but it is the only way to leave you a message!!! HEHE!!
Love you,
Lisa

Veronica said...

I'm glad things turned out...I hope your throat gets better soon! You should post your poem so the rest of us can hear/read it!

Tia said...

Sammy! I would love to read your poem!