Saturday, July 9, 2011

No Eggshells Here



Too often we are scared of eggshells.
Get out of my bread! Get out of the scrambled eggs! ...
I have learned of another place in which they do not belong.
Friendships. No eggshells please! Get out among friends!

No one likes the attempt of eggshell walking.
They aren't very sturdy.
If eggshells are in friendships, then those become lots less sturdy too.
In life we find friends who maybe didnt even know they gave us eggshells to try.

When those shells break, it is sad, very sad.
However, when you find a friend who hates eggshells too,
then we all shout WAHOOOO!
I'm lucky to have some of those precious friends.
I have found,
one of the most beautiful phrases in life can be phrased differently than you ever thought.

When I make a mistake, and I think "I'm sorry" and my eyes start to shed a tear,
It's nice to hear a friend say, "No Eggshells Here"
-Sammy Grace :)




"The simple but observable fact is that the more you love, the more you are able to love"
-Dr. Joyce Brothers



"To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure teh betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Helen Marie said...

This was my High School graduation theme. I love it!