Saturday, January 3, 2009

missing colten


this pic is a copy of a pic so it may not be the best quality- but its one of my most favorite pics in the whole world. me and colten didn't take like hardly any pictures together, idk why? funny- if we did it was ususally just because he wanted to and it was with his phone. i'm just not good at remembering to bring my camera, or if i bring it i dont remember to take pics? idk why once again. Anyway so its been a lot of Sammy missing Colten this week. I've had some really crazy dreams that my mama tried to interpret haha and at the root of them all is the fact that i just love him and i'm content with that. sometimes a song will come on and its like a freakin dagger in the heart - for real it hurts like no other. BUT, i am so proud of him, I'm so grateful he is in Ghana serving the Lord- i wouldn't want him anywhere else right now. As hard as this sacrifice is, its so worth it. I know for a lot of people out there, colten will be a huge part of their life, and he will help to bring a change to their eternal life- bringing them to this gospel is the greatest gift he could help to give them. Of course it's their choice, and Colten is just an instrument in the Lord's hands, fulfilling the Lord's plan. I'm just lucky to have such an awesome guy- and I'll just keep enjoying the emails, and letters, and every few months a little phone call :) Me likey him a lot. I'm so grateful that his family has been so awesome to me- i love them- when i was talkin to colten over christmas, i was so good and not crying and then i started talking about his family and thats what made me start crying!!! haha i really just love them so much. Last night i helped his parents with a wedding and its funny that honestly i would SO much rather do that then go hang with college friends- or high school friends haha. like i was just so content helping with the wedding and having fun with them. his parents are awesome. Im just a blessed little gal.




3 comments:

Tia said...

Sammy! I love that picture of you and Colten! it's so cute! I love reading your blog and to hear your testimony! it lifts my spirits!!
you're awesome girl!!!

Amy Bigelow said...

You're way gorgeous!

kylee said...

sammy you look so pretty in that picture.