Thursday, February 7, 2013

Out of Heaven

By: Sammy Iverson
I wrote this just now, thought I'd share. Don't steal.

She looks up at me
With the sweetest blue eyes
And I can't believe
That she's really mine

Part of my heart breaks
When I think of where she use to be
I love her with all my heart
but I still feel so sorry

Because I took her out of heaven
And I brought her here to earth
But now I have this precious spirit
From the miracle of one birth

If she could speak right now
What would she say?
Would she tell me of our Father?
Would she describe that place?

Would she say that she misses it?
Would she say she's glad she's here?
Maybe she would say "I was watching"
or maybe "Have No Fear, even tho,

"You took me out of heaven,
But now I'm here to stay
You have a lot to teach me,
Like how to love, and learn, and play"

I hope that I do right by her
I hope she jumped at the chance
to come and meet her  mommy
And begin life's crazy dance

I don't know about the world were in
If it was safe to bring her here
But she has a Father in Heaven
Who will protect her all her years

So tho I took her out of heaven
I'm thankful that she's here
I have faith in her goodness
And how I love her so dear

She's our precious little daughter
And me and her daddy love her so
I hope that we can make our house
A place she feels at home

I'll tell her what I know of heaven
And all about her Father up there
And maybe when she gets older
she'll say the words I pray I'll hear

"You brought me to a heaven
Where two parents hold me near
Life's not always easy,
But because of your love,
I'm glad I'm here"

2 comments: