Friday, January 4, 2013

Camry Constance

 I finally had Colten take a picture of me. This was as big as I got folks. This was on my due date, I worked at the Bell Tower to try to get labor started even tho baby was still breech. It didnt work. One day shy of a week later, and after meeting with my awesome Dr. and midwife, and after prayer and much thought, I knew it was time for baby to come. I had had one hour and a half of false labor on Dec12, but nothing else. I felt strongly she was having a hard time pushing her small little self down to get labor going, and Dr. agreed and we decided  to do the one thing I thought I'd never do, schedule a C-section....and even though for the previous 10 months I would've thought that was just so wrong, it suddenly felt so right. (Heavenly Father humbles us sometimes, and this was one of those times for me) So, on the day that the world was supposed to end, our new life truly began. The C-section was scheduled for 7 am Dec 21st, and our daughter came into the world at 7:06 am weighing in at an even 6 lbs and the little shorty was only 17 1/2 inches long :)

 It all happened so fast, and my body felt so weird its hard to explain, but when i heard her cry, tears still came to my eyes, I may have not been the first person to see her, but I saw the look on Colten's face, and that was pretty amazing, and then when they brought her to me, they touched our cheeks together and she stopped crying, immediately, and it was clear we knew each other. She knew me, and I was so excited to finally meet her.
 She has our hearts, and she brings us long nights but lots of joy. She actually rarely fusses, and shes a pretty easy baby. Shes also the cutest baby in the world in case you were wondering.

This last pic was in the hospital so her face was still a tad swollen. She is officially 2 weeks old today. Amazing how life changes so much. Im thankful for the changes, Im thankful for this precious lil sweetheart, Im thankful Im healing well, and would you believe that after what felt like a forever pregnancy, and after all the little twists and lack of turns that it took to get her here... i can honestly say I'd do it all over again. Some would say wow, really? But you mothers out there all agree, we're women, this is what God made us to do, bring His children here and by-golly it may not always be fun, but somehow it feels good....better than good, amazing. It truly is a special chance to partner with our Heavenly Father in creating life. What a glorious gift.

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Congrats Sammy & Colten! She is one of the prettiest babies i have ever seen!! your post makes me want a baby now!! :) Love the name!!

Our Jarvis Jive said...

She's beautiful!! Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well and that you now have your sweet little baby to hold. :) Hope things continue to go well, congratulations again! :)

Claire said...

Congratulations! She's so perfect. :) I'm very happy for you all. Parenthood is the best.

Tia said...

Oh she is so cute! I got a little teary-eyed when you wrote about how she just knew you. Such a sweet thing that mamas and their children share! Congrats!

rick.and.kels said...

awe that made me teary-eyed. isn't being a mom the best? congrats on your little gal, she is adorable! :)

Kacen & Tanya said...

Congrats Mommy and Daddy!!! She is super super adorable:)So Happy for you guys!

Stew and Britt Tobiasson said...

What a blessing, she is so darling! Thanks for sharing your story.