Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just an update...

We officially live with my parents. woot woot! I'ts nice though, we just have the basement to ourselves, my mom is still cooking dinner for an army of people every night, and I just feel like I have to clean less. It's nice. :) The house is taking longer than we thought, people keep asking, is it painted?...yes... what about the flooring?...all done except for carpet which is the last thing so it doesn't get all dirty...plumbing? basically almost all done just a few last things here and there, electricity? up and running and all the light fixtures are in! Stair rail is in, and the back deck is almost done, urgh it's just so close i can feel it, but yet it's still so far away. I keep getting all these ideas of how I want to decorate once we are actually in the house, and i'm excited, but theres just so much other stuff on our plates I don't know how we'll ever get it all done. We will though, one day, far away. It's been good though, quite a learning experience for mostly Colten, but also for me. For example: I learned how to grout tile, and therefore today I even helped my hubby do the hearthstone for our fireplace. *Seriously I'm going to post pics, but I want to post a final product picture- so i'm waiting until we finish the porch to post the whole process and maybe the shutters on the windows... I dont know for sure but the pics will come! eventually...

Still working on school, wonderful school. I'm learning a lot. as usual. thatswhatschoolisfor...ha I am trying to kick my toosh in gear though and work on MT stuff, I was a slacker for a little while, now I'm getting back on track cuz I really want to be done with it and start working! I'm just pluggin away at my other two jobs, and taking life as it comes. We start attending our new ward on Sunday-- I'm excited. Life's good. The Lord loves all of us. Just keep going. Just keep going. Just keep going.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Yay for living with parents! ;) That is so awesome that your house is almost done. I bet you guys are just bursting at the seams with excitement and eagerness to get in.