Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Self Exploration

so, basically, pretty much, as i attend the famous Dixie State College, I am currently on my way to an Associates Degree in general stuff. My favorite explanation of gettin yer generals was from my advisor, she called it "Self Exploration" At first I thought ya i like that name, then i realized, WOW. self exploration...lucky me....i'm paying a ridiculous amount of money to explore myself....that sentence could've been taken inappropriately but you know i didn't mean it like that, anyway, i felt pretty lame after my mind reached this conclusion. On the bright (sarcastic) side, I found out something about myself this semester, I really, really, really, dislike, well lets say strongly dislike, well no, for this one were gonna use the word HATE, (in all capitol letters--take note of that) GEOLOGY. Good Ole (frickin) Geology 1010. I really hate it. I like learning, or should I say self-exploring, but ya know what? I hate geology. It is officially worse than math I think. I dont know what it is that gets me, no actually I do know, Not only am i paying to self explore my way to a degree that is "guaranteed" me to make more money than any regular high school graduate, but to make matters even more special, I am paying money to learn about rocks. Personally, I think my interest for rocks left me right around Kindergarten. Maybe it'd be better if my teacher kinda had some sort of idea where i'm comin from, but no he is definitely OBSESSED with rocks. In fact, we were SUPPOSED to be done with the rock chapters and the whole bit of classifying them, (igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary...take your pick) after midterms. Chapters 1-9 we spent on rocks. then we were tested on them, so then were SUPPOSED to be done right? WRONG. my teacher said to us the first class after midterms, right when i was feelin like ok i may be able to handle this class were done with all the rock chapters, these were the almost exact words that came out of his mouth, "Don't think that we're done with classifying rocks, (my heart sinks right about this moment) were still gonna work on this guys i want you to get really good at this, so we'll be spending more class time classifying rocks" WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYY? none of the chapters in the rest of the entire textbook talk about classifying dang rocks. but does that matter to him? apparently not. i hate college. at least for today, as i stare at my open geology textbook, I HATE college.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Ok, I was laughing a LOT throughout reading that..and i'm at work so people probably think that I am crazy! That was really fun to read tho. I'm in the same exact boat..well not the "rock" boat, but the whole SO READY for this semester to be over. Like REALLY ready..I dare say I could use the word HATE to describe these school days. Thanks for the laugh!!! Have a good day :)