Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ok, Ok.

So after fridays post, I've been thinking. The thinking is caused from an extremely wonderful General Conference. Saturday's sessions were both wonderful, this morning's was wonderful, and i'm sure the last one will be. I've been thinking though that yes it is true that standing up for yourself is important. That part I do not feel bad about. But what i have learned from my experiences in the past week (up and downs with coworkers as well as customers...mostly downs) is that maybe there are better ways to go about it. I don't regret how i dealt with a co-worker this past week because the type of person that he is called for the type of confrontation that he got. However, one of the general authorities (i cant remember which one and my notes are downstairs and im upstairs so i dont really wanna go get em.. haha) said something to the effect of, when that moment comes, that contention occurs, that is when we step back, pray, and then follow Christ's example. So, I do feel bad about what i said when i freaked out about how i was treated, and so I do take that back, it's not my place to immediately get mad, I should just be thankful for the help that the one guy gave. (the one brought out one of the kids that snuck in)
My job is teaching me alot. The importance of respect, that I deserve it and that I am required to also give it. The importance of taking a stand, my whole life I've just been nice and sometimes i've let people just walk all over me, but not anymore. I'm grateful from this job that i've learned that i never wanna be a manager of anything again, which really is a blessing, saving me from possibly making the same mistake later. It's teaching me that I am maybe just not that kind of person. BUT, it's also teaching me that i can do whatever i put my mind to. Though I may struggle at times, I CAN do this, along with whatever else I choose to do in this life. It's teaching me patience. This job is also allowing me to talk with people, learn from them, and to learn to love them no matter who they are. I've had opportunities in this job to share my testimony with others, and that is a great blessing. So, though i may have complained, today Pres Monson talked about being grateful, living life now, and being happy, and I learned that rather than keep complaining and getting frustrated, I can take advantage of the good things in my job, i can be appreciative that I have a job, and I can always continue to learn from experiences I have in this job, and I'm so thankful that the Lord has never stopped teaching me- because I think if he had my life would be boring.

2 comments:

Toni de Tiger said...

All I can say is...."I LOVE YOU!" and that you are such an inspiration to me!

Unknown said...

Aren't the lessons we get from Conference great? I love how I always just feel like I want to go out and change the world after conference.